Regarding this week’s Talking Point, “The public drinking clampdown”, the word “clampdown” is a bit harsh, as there should be some form of controls on public drinking. The...
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to email@example.com
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
I refer to the letter “SingPost has invested over S$100m to meet rise in e-commerce” (Jan 24). Out of curiosity, I pulled out SingPost’s recent half-year results.
I refer to the report “Creating new COE category for smaller vans ‘not a good idea’” (Jan 21).
In reference to last week’s Talking Point, “Where’s my taxi?”, my opinion is that the fares are indeed confusing, as different cabs have different flag-down rates. Usually, my...
I refute the response, “SingPost has invested over S$100m to meet rise in e-commerce” (Jan 24), with regard to my case.
I applaud the attempt by the Singapore Exchange to improve the local stock exchange’s liquidity by reducing board lot sizes. (“Muted response to smaller board lot sizes on SGX”;...
I read with interest Professor K Ranga Krishnan’s commentary “Learn for competence, not grades” (Jan 22). There must be a paradigm shift at the national level, as parents spend...
The proposed ban on drinking in public after 10.30pm is pertinent and expedient, akin to banning smoking in certain places, albeit that the latter is for health reasons. (“The...
It is heartening to read the recent news about animal welfare, such as the official scheme to sterilise stray dogs on Jurong Island. But more can be done to improve animal welfare.
I refer to the letters “Israel must learn to live with its neighbours” (Jan 9) and “Not feasible to solve Middle East crisis by UN resolution” (Jan 16), in which the writers...