I was glad to hear on this week’s Talking Point, “The day the trains stood still”, SMRT and the Land Transport Authority vowing to work harder to identify the root cause of last...
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to email@example.com
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
I refer to the report, “HDB urged to do more following defects in DBSS, BTO projects” (July 14).
The silver lining of the recent MRT disruption is that the system’s protective relays were able to detect a power surge and register a positive fault.
I refer to this week’s Talking Point, “The day the trains stood still”. Regular checks at short intervals should be conducted, and defective tracks should be changed before they...
The neighbourhood spirit is very much alive as Mr Edmund Tay, 43, discovered. Like many Singaporeans, Mr Tay belongs to a close-knit, three-generation family. His mother-in-law...
The Prime Minister has set out three key challenges Singapore will face in the next 50 years, and more discussion is perhaps needed about the potential trade-offs among these (...
As long as one is in Singapore, one will benefit from MediShield Life coverage if and when one is hospitalised (“All residents will benefit from MediShield Life; July 4).
PSA Corporation pensioners are in a predicament because of MediShield Life. They enjoy the same benefits as government pensioners, in that the employer bears their medical...
It is not possible to maintain a 100 per cent breakdown-free MRT system, but more can be done in contingency measures when breakdowns do occur (“The day the trains stood still”;...
I refer to the report “Possibility of S$50m fine for SMRT is remote: Analysts” (July 11).