After two months of renovation, the hawker centre at Aljunied Crescent reopened last month. One stallholder said her rent was now S$1,400; it was S$1,000 pre-renovation.
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
Last weekend, as the jet set descended upon Singapore for Formula One and winds blew in the haze, a remarkable series of events were taking place internationally. First, the...
I am based in China, where I see many electric cars being used.
I recently met some visitors who were here for the Formula One (F1) race, and they said they could only stay for the duration of the race days, as the hotels were charging too...
I concur with Mr David Teh’s views on preserving places of heritage value that hold significant memories for Singaporeans. Progress is not measured merely by the pace of...
The Thomson-East Coast MRT Line will be a four-car-system, which to the Land Transport Authority will be optimal, based on projected ridership. I agree that we should not...
We refer to the report “Halfway houses may face crunch with new scheme” (Sept 22).
In the commentary “Strategies for working effectively around the world” (Sept 22), the writer rightly pointed out the importance of understanding and being able to work in...