I refer to the report “Balakrishnan urges stand against littering as summonses double” (Feb 2).
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
Emeritus Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong was right to say that Tokyo has no rubbish even though there are no dustbins in public places. (“S’pore likely to become garbage city...
I refer to the report “Nursing vacancies among hardest to fill by S’poreans: Report” (Jan 28). The Health Ministry must address the issue by keeping its ear to the ground.
While I applaud the efforts to discourage gambling, the authorities alone cannot stop youth problem gambling. (“Hard-core gamblers down, but ‘still a worry’”; Feb 6)
I refer to the reply, “Tolls use exchange rate at time of implementation” (Feb 6), from the Land Transport Authority (LTA).
Ms Siew Kang Yoke asked if there can be flexibility to allow more deposits into the Supplementary Retirement Scheme (SRS) account beyond the annual contribution cap. (“More...
I refer to the letter “Thaipusam episode: Public order should be strictly maintained” (Feb 9). The scuffle is regrettable, especially since this occurred during a religious event.
I refer to the report “Hindus have privilege not given to other faiths, says Shanmugam” (Feb 7).
I refer to the article “For special needs children, pre-school is not a given” (Feb 7). Singapore has come a long way from 1988, when the Report of the Advisory Council on The...
I read the article “Advisory panel’s proposals a ‘step in the right direction’” (Feb 7) on the proposed changes to Central Provident Fund (CPF) withdrawals with some interest.