I followed the recent parliamentary debates on the government budget with enthusiasm. I noticed, however, that Members of Parliament were reading almost word for word from...
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to email@example.com
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
We thank Mr Leonard Poh for his feedback in “To promote domestic workers’ welfare, share anecdotes, best practices” (March 13).
I refer to the letter “Why do schools use so much paper in digital age?” (March 14).
The writer’s enthusiasm for a more sustainable environment in “Why do schools use so much paper in digital age?” (March 14) is laudable.
I would agree that we should be eco-warriors and reduce paper usage — and the many other ways we consume natural resources and leave our carbon footprint — where possible. (“Why...
I refer to the letter “Singapore’s time zone biggest contributor to sleeplessness problem” (March 18). The time zone as a cause of sleeplessness among Singaporeans is something...
The frequency of LRT breakdowns is unacceptable. Moreover, it is difficult to determine how beneficial the LRT is to Singapore’s public transport network. (“Transport Ministry’s...
It is common among the younger generation to have been looked after by domestic helpers. Both my parents worked, for example. To me, a domestic helper is not simply a servant in...
Retirement planning should not start at age 35, as suggested in “Offer retirement planning to CPF members aged 35 or 45” (March 11). It should start as early as possible, for...
I refer to the letter “Small-cap listed firms should consolidate shares to round number” (March 9).