As we embark on a year of introspection on the Singaporean identity as part of SG50 celebrations, perhaps we can do more to maintain community landmarks that are rich in history...
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
I refer to the article, “And the best film goes to ...” (Feb 16). With the awards season almost up, culminating in the Academy Awards on Monday, the question again is: So what?
I refer to the report, “Hard choices needed on healthcare: PM” (Feb 11).
I refer to the report, “Terror threats real and evolving: Lawrence Wong” (Feb 8, online) and could not agree more. Recent terror events round the globe prove this.
I refer to last week’s Talking Point, “CPF: More choice, better security?”
Malaysia’s Agriculture and Agro-based Industries Minister has made the astounding revelation that he was defending the Chinese when he called earlier on the Malays to boycott...
I read the letter, “The realities behind the Fifty Shades” (Feb 13, online), with interest. I am less than thrilled with the film being screened in our cinemas, even though...
I thank the Manpower Ministry for its letter, “Impractical to make all key festivals public holidays” (Feb 14), which explained its stance on whether Thaipusam should be a...
I refer to the Manpower Ministry’s letter, “Impractical to make all key festivals public holidays” (Feb 14). Perhaps, the consideration is how it could be hard for Singapore to...
I read with concern about the new Ministry of Education-Autonomous University Scholarship, which is to be offered at the undergraduate level. (“More support for students keen on...