I read with interest the report “GE may not be held when everyone’s expecting it: PM” (Dec 13).
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to email@example.com
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
The writer of the letter “Ban smoking at public parks, hawker centres” (Dec 15) seems merely worried about smoking being allowed in parks and hawker centres.
As reported in “SMRT unveils driver behind humorous announcements” (Dec 10, Channel NewsAsia), train captain Tan Ming Hui’s perky announcements are a welcome change to the usual...
I refer to the letter “Warehouse Club promotes unfair advantage” (Dec 16). One of the reasons Singapore is so regulated is because reactive and preventive measures are required...
As Singapore marches into its 50th year of independence, we should not only cherish the growth our country has achieved, but also the importance of remaining as one united...
I have long supported the adoption of pets, rather than buying them from pet shops, but I was surprised by the report “Animal adoption centre may open at East Coast Park” (Dec 15).
I refer to the letter “Unfair for bus operators to charge for holiday months” (Dec 13). First, school bus operators have been collecting advance fees for December and January...
I refer to the letter, “A middle path does not equal not taking a stand” (Dec 14, online), and in particular, the well-intended suggestion that we should not have the Central...
I refer to the commentary “Xi’s speeches reveal what makes China’s elite tick” (Dec 5).
I witnessed first-hand how supporters turned their backs on our national team in their time of need during the recent pivotal ASEAN Football Federation Suzuki Cup match against...