The proposed anti-harassment law that was introduced in Parliament yesterday to curb cyber-bullying and other extreme misbehaviour on the Internet is an exercise in futility.
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted to by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
In his commentary “Committing to productivity for the long haul” (Feb 25), Associate Professor Randolph Tan suggested that it is untimely to raise employer Central Provident...
Having worked as a part-time waiter in a restaurant for the past two years, the letter “In a self-service world, should service charges stay?” (March 3) caught my attention.
I refer to the report “Consumer attitudes towards self-service take time to change” (Feb 22), and welcome the idea of changing social norms, such as encouraging self-service, to...
I refer to recent reports of the security breach at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the passing of temporary laws due to the Little India riot, and comments that inculcating...
In the Singapore Budget 2014, the Government announced details of the much-anticipated Pioneer Generation Package, which is aimed at recognising and honouring the contributions...
I refer to the report “Four banks hit by credit card fraud” (Feb 11).
Many elderly patients reject long-term medical care because of discomfort and high cost. For example, those who have kidney failure may find life meaningless and feel helpless...