To improve their lives of their constituents and citizens at large, a Member of Parliament (MP) must have ears on the ground, and part of this is done by walking the ground,...
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
Although it is impossible to eradicate parentocracy, we should try to make the effort to create a more level playing field (“Try as we might, it’s futile to battle ‘parentocracy...
Although I do not belong to the Pioneer Generation, I enjoyed the edutainment music videos in Hokkien, Cantonese and Teochew launched by the Government as part of its policy...
The recent announcement that the Ministry of Education (MOE) will raise salaries by up to 9 per cent for teachers is welcome, but does not address the intangibles of the...
It was recently reported that a woman was jailed for selling curry puffs illegally as part of a foreign syndicate, and these curry puffs were allegedly prepared in unhygienic...
Recently, I had an experience which made me question whether the staff at our local tertiary institutions respect students’ privacy and confidentiality of information.
I agree with the points made by writer Muhammad Syakir Bin Kamal in his commentary in that ethnicity and race should not be the main emphasis when it comes to social status and...
I refer to the letter “Japan has helped build peaceful, stable world since WWII” (Aug 19).
I refer to the report “Complaints against docs up, but few result in disciplinary inquiries” (Aug 14). Better communication is key to improving the doctor-patient relationship.
Opening more after-school care services in primary schools is a step in the right direction (“Self-help groups to operate 30 school-based student care centres”; Aug 14).