I refer to the report, “New Medisave scheme to help seniors to start in April” (Jan 12).
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to email@example.com
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
I refer to the commentary “More work needed to get more volunteers to help seniors” (Jan 16). I wonder how much more it will take before our small society comes to grips with...
Although he means well, I disagree with the writer’s suggestion in the letter “Civil servants should sign annual declaration of honesty” (Jan 17). That civil servants can be...
In “Be grateful, S’poreans; do not seek unrealistic ideal” (Jan 15), the letter writer seems to assume that people who voice certain feedback are seeking self-gratification,...
I refer to this week’s Talking Point, “Where’s my taxi?”, on improvements to taxi services.
The militants responsible for the Charlie Hebdo massacre targeted cartoonists who denigrated Islam. However, it has been mentioned that other religions were not spared by the...
A dichotomy between gratitude for the past and present and an idealism about the future is assumed and presented in the letter “Be grateful, S’poreans; do not seek unrealistic...
The planned manpower boost to the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau (CPIB) is laudable. (“Govt announces stronger measures to fight corruption”; Jan 14)
I refer to the letters “Let’s learn from Zurich’s family-friendly public transport” (Jan 16) and “Public buses are not child-friendly” (Jan 13).
The letter, “Govt’s long-term goal is to prohibit smoking in all public areas” (Jan 5), stated that the National Environment Agency (NEA) has progressively expanded the list of...