Police warns organisers of convoy gatherings to abandon plans; 5 men under investigation
The police said on Monday (May 2) they are aware of planned gatherings for vehicles to travel in a convoy at various locations over the long weekend, warning that doing so is an offence that could land the organisers in jail.
In a statement, the police said they are investigating two incidents last week in which vehicles were driven in a convoy. The authorities are also looking into a third incident involving a gathering of car enthusiasts at an open air carpark in Kallang.
Five men, aged between 22 and 26, have been identified as organisers of the convoy events, though the police did not reveal their names.
They are now under investigation for “conducting an event on the road or part thereof without a permit”, the police said.