Skip to main content



3-bus collision on Changi Road leaves 28 hurt

SINGAPORE — A three-bus chain collision along Changi Road this morning (June 4) resulted in 28 passengers suffering minor injuries.

SINGAPORE — A three-bus chain collision along Changi Road this morning (June 4) resulted in 28 passengers suffering minor injuries.

The 28 were sent to Changi General Hospital, but have all either been discharged or referred to outpatient clinics and polyclinics for follow-ups, said a spokesperson for the hospital.

The accident, which occurred at around 9.30am near Kassim Mosque, involved two SBS Transit buses and an SMRT bus.

An SBS Transit Service 2 bus rear-ended an SMRT Service 67 that had stopped behind Service 7, causing a chain collision, passengers said.

Service 67, the sandwiched bus, had its windscreen smashed and its back caved in.

WATCH: Security camera footage from Ion Lighting Pte Ltd captured the accident taking place.

Mr Zainal Awang, 63, who works as a security officer at a nearby condominium, said he ran out after hearing a “very loud sound”.

A passenger on the sandwiched bus, Madam Selamah, said that passengers went “rolling, like a roller coaster” when the bus got hit from behind.

“I’m happy I’m safe,” added the 68-year-old, who sustained bruises on the back of her head and her right hand. “But I’m in shock. Who wouldn’t be?”

Madam Savithiri, who lives in the area, said she was shocked to see the bus stop she normally waits at littered with broken glass and cordoned off by police tape.

“Very seldom does this area have an accident of this kind,” said the 65-year-old, who was redirected by Singapore Civil Defence Force officers to a makeshift bus stop roughly 20m down the road from the accident site.

In response to TODAY’s queries, SBS Transit’s senior vice-president for corporate communications Tammy Tan said: “We are assisting injured commuters with their medical bills even though the cause of the incident is still being investigated, because we believe it is important that they focus on getting well.”

An SMRT spokesperson said their driver stayed to assist the transfer of the remaining uninjured passengers to the next bus to continue their

“Our immediate priority was the safety and care of all affected passengers,” said Mr Patrick Nathan, the operator’s vice-president of corporate information and communications.

The two public-transport operators apologised for the inconvenience caused. 

Read more of the latest in




Stay in the know. Anytime. Anywhere.

Subscribe to get daily news updates, insights and must reads delivered straight to your inbox.

By clicking subscribe, I agree for my personal data to be used to send me TODAY newsletters, promotional offers and for research and analysis.