Skip to main content

Advertisement

Advertisement

Stores in Far East Plaza, fast-food outlets in Bedok among places where Covid-19 cases had been while infectious

SINGAPORE — Fast-food outlets in Bedok as well as shops in Far East Plaza were among the locations added to a list of public places that had been visited by Covid-19 cases during their infectious period.

SINGAPORE — Fast-food outlets in Bedok as well as shops in Far East Plaza were among the locations added to a list of public places that had been visited by Covid-19 cases during their infectious period.

In its second update on the coronavirus situation in Singapore, the Ministry of Health (MOH) said on Friday (May 21) that the infectious persons had been to:

  • McDonald’s outlet in 51@AMK mall located at 51 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3 on May 12 between 10.25pm and 11pm

  • Burger King outlet at 11 Bedok North Street 1 on May 13 between 9.10am and 3.45pm

  • McDonald’s outlet at 311 New Upper Changi Road on May 15 between 8am and 8.30am

  • Wok Wei Kitchen at Far East Plaza on May 15 between 1.30pm and 2.30pm

  • Popular Bookstore at Bukit Panjang Plaza on May 15 between 2.15pm and 3pm

  • One Care Reflexology and Wellness at Far East Plaza on May 15 between 2.25pm and 3.45pm

  • Causeway Point mall in Woodlands on May 16 between 11.15am and 12.45pm

  • Jamae (Chulia) Mosque at 218 South Bridge Road on May 17 between 1.10pm and 1.40pm

MOH said that it would have already notified individuals who were identified as close contacts of the confirmed cases.

"As a precautionary measure, persons who had been at these locations during the specified timings should monitor their health closely for 14 days from their date of visit," it added.

"They should see a doctor promptly if they develop symptoms of acute respiratory infection (such as cough, sore throat and runny nose), as well as fever and loss of taste or smell, and inform the doctor of their exposure history."

Individuals may access the SafeEntry Location Matching Self-Check service via the TraceTogether mobile application, SingPass app, or at https://wereyouthere.safeentry.gov.sg to check whether they were at these locations during the specified timings, based on their own SafeEntry records.

Members of the public do not need to avoid places where confirmed cases of Covid-19 have been, MOH said.

The National Environment Agency will engage the management of the affected premises to provide guidance on cleaning and disinfection.

On Friday, MOH reported 40 new cases of Covid-19 in Singapore, 30 of which were in the community. The remaining 10 were imported.

Related topics

Covid-19 coronavirus MOH Far East Plaza

Read more of the latest in

Advertisement

Advertisement

Stay in the know. Anytime. Anywhere.

Subscribe to our newsletter for the top features, insights and must reads delivered straight to your inbox.

By clicking subscribe, I agree for my personal data to be used to send me TODAY newsletters, promotional offers and for research and analysis.