Skip to main content

Advertisement

Advertisement

Singaporean family found unconscious from gas leak in Thai resort

PHETCHABUN — A Singaporean couple and their young son have been rushed to hospital after a friend found them unconscious in their room at a Phu Thap Boek resort.

The Singaporean tourist receives first aid after passing out in a gas-leaking room on Phu Thap Boek in Phetchabun province on Wednesday night.

The Singaporean tourist receives first aid after passing out in a gas-leaking room on Phu Thap Boek in Phetchabun province on Wednesday night.

PHETCHABUN — A Singaporean couple and their young son have been rushed to hospital after a friend found them unconscious in their room at a Phu Thap Boek resort.

The incident, which occured at about 9pm on Wednesday (Dec 11), happened at a resort on Phu Thap Boek in tambon Wang Ban of Lom Kao district, a mountain region that is about six hours from Bangkok.

Witnesses said the family with a 10-year-old son checked in at the resort, the name of which was withheld, at 6pm. The cold weather prompted them to turn on the gas-fired water heater in their room before taking a bath.

Later, a friend knocked on their door to invite them to dinner and found the three family members unconscious because of a gas leak from the heater.

The three were taken to a baht bus down the mountain to the Ban Doi Nam Phiangdin national park unit where rescue workers gave them first aid and oxygen. An ambulance then took them to Somdet Phra Yupharat Lom Kao Hospital.

TODAY understands that the family has been discharged from the hospital. BANGKOK POST

Related topics

Thailand resort gas leak

Read more of the latest in

Advertisement

Popular

Advertisement

Stay in the know. Anytime. Anywhere.

Subscribe to get daily news updates, insights and must reads delivered straight to your inbox.

By clicking subscribe, I agree for my personal data to be used to send me TODAY newsletters, promotional offers and for research and analysis.