As I watched Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s cortege pass by, I was struck by a sense of unity and pride as a Singaporean. Who exactly is a Singaporean, though?
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to email@example.com
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
When the British announced their withdrawal in 1968, thousands who worked and lived at the British naval base despaired losing their jobs, accommodation, children’s education,...
I was appalled by Member of Parliament Low Thia Khiang’s tribute to Mr Lee Kuan Yew at the special parliamentary sitting on Thursday. (“His fighting spirit helped S’pore leap...
I have seen the men and women helping out at the community tribute centres round Singapore and at the Padang and Parliament House, working tirelessly to control the crowds and...
Our daily difficulties in life seem almost insignificant compared with what Mr Lee Kuan Yew and the Old Guard had to deliver: Feed millions of lives.
Like many people, I am saddened by the loss of former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew. He was a highly respected politician among world leaders, be it for his wisdom, foresight or...
Without any resources but with determination, Mr Lee Kuan Yew built Singapore from scratch, from Third World to First. If there is a will, there is a way, and he did it his way.
The petition to rename Changi Airport after Mr Lee Kuan Yew set me thinking.
I refer to the report, “S’pore and the world mourn Mr Lee” (March 24). Indeed, Mr Lee Kuan Yew was a colossus in Singapore and the architect of what it is today.
I lost my father in December 2013. It was a difficult time, as he had always been there for my family. So, I can relate to what Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is going through.