The Prevention of Human Trafficking Bill is slated for debate in Parliament this month, and the non-governmental organisations that organised the StopTraffickingSG campaign sent...
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
I wish to refute certain points made in the letter “Desire for Western-style democracy a bigger threat to stability” (Oct 29). “Western-style democracy” must not be used as a...
The report “China ‘pressured Britain to deny democracy to HK’” (Oct 29), was The New York Times’ answer to what it called the common riposte that Britain did little for...
I doubt that Mr Cheah Hong Lim meant to have the park he founded be used for protests such as the recent “Return Our CPF”.
The pro-democracy groups in Hong Kong should reflect on and treasure the privileges its people enjoy compared with their 1.3 billion mainland cousins.
We refer to Mr Thomas Lee’s letter “Seniors’ food corner may cause resentment during busy lunch periods” (Oct 23), regarding the Pioneers Priority Seating privilege at Foodfare...
Although Dr Nazry Bahrawi posits in his commentary, “Breaking out of Singapore’s little boxes” (Oct 28), that society puts people in little boxes — an exercise he is critical of...
I refer to the report “Support system for victims of trafficking already in place: Task force” (Oct 28).
I refer to the commentary “Why ghost towns won’t haunt China” (Oct 29). China has had 30 years of phenomenal economic growth, escaping unscathed even from the financial crisis...
We now live in a world of deadly viruses and drug-resistant bacteria. (“Ebola: Are we prepared?”; Talking Point)