While I applaud the Ministry of Manpower’s ban on denigrating displays by maid agencies, that action is not enough if our aim is to civilise these agencies (“MOM bans ...
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to email@example.com
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
I am appalled by the senseless downing of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17. My sympathies go to bereaved family members, in particular those who lost entire families.
The sadness and anger I feel for the victims of Flight MH17 can never be as painful or deep as that of their families.
In her commentary “Putting on ‘veil of ignorance’ for a just society” (July 18), the writer cites American philosopher John Rawls’ idea of a “veil of ignorance” as the ideal...
The Health Promotion Board’s (HPB) subsidies for healthier oil was a recent TalkBack topic on 938LIVE.
Common sense would suggest that materials deemed acceptable for library circulation in Singapore should also be acceptable for purchase, and vice versa.
The writer of “Making Hamas pay high price is Israel’s only realistic option” (July 19) seems to have a limited grasp of the history of the region.
I am glad the National Library Board (NLB) will be returning two of the withdrawn books to its shelves, albeit to the adult section, and reviewing its processes to be more...