We agree with Mr Jake Goh that children’s development in the early years is crucial. (“Ease transition to primary education in Pri 1, not kindergarten”; April 7)
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to email@example.com
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
It was said in Parliament that the high prices for the 2014 World Cup broadcast here was due to Singapore being a price-taker from FIFA. (“S’pore can’t set lower World Cup...
To many laypersons, it may seem unthinkable that the few who are chosen periodically as Nominated Members of Parliament are disinclined to seek a second term. (“At least five...
I agree with the letter “Maid agencies must ensure maids are fit to work here” (April 15) and would add that they must make sure the maids are a good match with employers.
Mr Jake Goh’s commentary “Fine-tuning the Direct School Admission scheme” (April 11) struck a chord with me.
In Singapore, football has more fans than in any other sport, which accounts for its high commercial value. It is a privilege, even a duty, for SingTel or any other telco to...
After my family joined me in Singapore last year, I tried unsuccessfully on my own to place my son in a primary school. The registration exercise had closed already, and I was...
In “Not just any job for the elderly” (April 11), the writer pointed out that encouraging the elderly to take up menial work may not enhance their happiness and that there...