Having more legal clinics is a step in the right direction to extend help to low-income residents. It will enable them to seek the legal advice they need (“More legal clinics...
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
I refer to the report “Mechanised parking trial in three estates to cost HDB S$18m” (Sept 15).
I refer to Professor Philip Holden’s commentary “University rankings: A need for critical reflection” (Sept 17).
The report “Indonesia finally ratifies 2002 haze pact” (Sept 17), is welcome news, especially at this juncture, when air pollution has again risen to unhealthy levels here.
Despite having laws in place, employers can still discriminate against older job seekers. Take, for example, an advertisement for an Accounts Associate (Payable or Receivable),...
If meritocracy is the engine that drove Singapore from Third World to First, perhaps the real significance of SG50 is the reinvention of meritocracy so that a new version serves...
From this month on, pioneers will get to pay less for their medical expenses. Have medication subsidies for non-pioneers, though, been removed?
We refer to the recent letters on some Singaporeans’ experiences with the rollout of the Pioneer Generation Package healthcare benefits. We are sorry that some members of our...