We thank Ms Janice Tay for her feedback regarding her experience under the 1777 Non-Emergency Ambulance Services network (“What if one is unable to pay S$100 at once for 1777...
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
I have read with interest the Voices letters on smoking and the banning of cigarettes. While a ban would have clear health benefits, it would be a blunt approach to the issue.
I agree with the writer of “Ban on tobacco would lead to better health, savings on medical costs” (July 2) that the air around us has become more polluted through the years.
I refer to the letter “LGBT debate: Focus more on income, housing, security issues” (July 2). I agree that we should focus more on practical issues such as income, housing and...
In the study reported in “No difference in kids with same-sex, opposite-sex parents: Study” (June 24, online), two professors claimed that there was a consensus among scientists...
I refer to the commentary “Why we need more light, less heat on sexuality issues” (June 30). Expanding knowledge is indeed crucial to dealing with sexuality issues.
I refer to the letters, “Coordinated approach, not outright ban, needed to address smoking” and “Easier to tackle smuggling if cigarettes were banned” (both June 30).
As a proud Singaporean, I am honoured to be able to witness Singapore’s year-long 50th birthday celebrations.
I refer to the commentary, “Why we need more light, less heat on sexuality issues” (June 30). I agree that on contentious issues such as this, we need more resources from all...
Pink Dot supporters cite the event as one emphasising tolerance, respect and love.