I refer to Dr Nazry Bahrawi’s commentary “Breaking out of Singapore’s little boxes” (Oct 28).
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
I read with disappointment the report “Apex court rejects constitutional challenges against Section 377A” (Oct 30). It appears that further discourse on Section 377A will now...
The report “Animal rights groups rap reason for not changing Act” (Oct 28) stated that the Road Traffic Act mandates drivers to stop and help a select group of animals if they...
SP PowerAssets owns the electricity transmission and distribution networks of Singapore, and its sister company SP Services sells electricity to households as a monopoly.
The Prevention of Human Trafficking Bill is slated for debate in Parliament this month, and the non-governmental organisations that organised the StopTraffickingSG campaign sent...
I wish to refute certain points made in the letter “Desire for Western-style democracy a bigger threat to stability” (Oct 29). “Western-style democracy” must not be used as a...
The report “China ‘pressured Britain to deny democracy to HK’” (Oct 29), was The New York Times’ answer to what it called the common riposte that Britain did little for...
I doubt that Mr Cheah Hong Lim meant to have the park he founded be used for protests such as the recent “Return Our CPF”.
The pro-democracy groups in Hong Kong should reflect on and treasure the privileges its people enjoy compared with their 1.3 billion mainland cousins.
We refer to Mr Thomas Lee’s letter “Seniors’ food corner may cause resentment during busy lunch periods” (Oct 23), regarding the Pioneers Priority Seating privilege at Foodfare...