I refer to the report “Government looking to enact laws to protect name, image of Lee Kuan Yew” (May 23, online). It is time to enact laws on the use of our founders’ names for...
Write in to us!
- Send your letters to email@example.com
- Letters submitted should be no longer than 500 words
- Please state your full name, address and contact number
- Your details will be kept confidential and will not be divulged without your express consent
- Pseudonyms are not permitted except at the editor's discretion
- Official letters must be submitted by noon to be considered for publication the following day
- MediaCorp Press reserves the right to edit all submissions
To honour the memory of Mr Lee Kuan Yew, perhaps the Government could look into conferring on him a posthumous state order at this year’s National Day Awards ceremony.
In the report “No risk of hard landing for China, says Bernanke” (May 28), former Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke said China’s economic slowdown should not worry markets,...
The total debt servicing ratio (TDSR) does not take into consideration the lifespan of the asset being bought, which is causing a distortion in used-car prices. A person...
We commemorate World No Tobacco Day on May 31, but for those in Singapore whose neighbours smoke, the reality will be a far cry from that.
It is a sad state of affairs that few nations want to give hope to the Bangladeshi and Rohingya refugees, who will die of hunger and disease at sea if help is not rendered quickly.
I read with interest the letter “RCs build more inclusive communities” (May 21), and trust that Residents’ Committees (RCs) must walk the talk.
With reference to the letter “Coming GE a test of Workers’ Party’s performance” (May 27), I feel that it is prudent not to single out any one party for this coming General...
I refer to the report “Work eating into S’poreans’ family time: Survey” (May 27). Family time is important in helping ensure communication and closer bonds between family members.
We refer to Ms Julia Ng’s letter “Stricter enforcement, checks needed to ensure quality flats” (May 20).