StarHub Adds Disney+ To StarHub TV+ Entertainment Platform
Disney+ launches in Singapore on Feb 23.
StarHub has signed an exclusive deal with The Walt Disney Company to become the official distributor of Disney+ in Singapore, the telco announced today (Jan 7).
When Disney+ launches on Feb 23, StarHub’s TV, mobile and broadband customers will be among the first few in the world to enjoy all six Disney content brands — Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, National Geographic and Star — through their TVs or devices over StarHub 5G, Singapore’s widest 5G network with over 70 per cent population coverage.
Disney+ will be the eighth streaming platform fully integrated within StarHub TV+, following tie-ups with Netflix, HBO GO, TVBAnywhere+, BBC Player, Hotstar, iQiYi and beIN SPORTS CONNECT.
With that, StarHub TV+ customers can switch between streaming apps and live TV channels, be it on TVs or mobile devices. Customers can now register their interest at www.starhub.com/disneyplus to receive timely updates about Disney+ on StarHub. More details about Disney+ deals to existing and new customers will be shared closer to launch.
For non-StarHub customers, they can subscribe to the service directly from the Disney+ website or the Disney+ app (Android/iOS). Subscription is S$11.98 a month or S$119.98 a year.
Here’s a list of devices that Disney+ will be available on, and the type of connection and software needed to start binge watching all your favourite programmes on the streaming platform.
If you're watching it on the web...
• Chrome 75+ is supported on Windows 7 and later
• Edge is supported on Windows 10 and later
• Firefox 68+ is supported on Windows 7 and later
• Internet Explorer 11 is supported on Windows 8.1 and later
• Safari 11+ is supported on macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and later
• Chrome 75+ is supported on macOS 10.10 and later
• Firefox 68+ is supported on macOS 10.9 and later
Other Operating Systems
• Mobile browser playback is not supported (please install the Android or iOS app)
• Browsers on Smart TVs, game consoles, and other devices are not supported
• Browsers on ChromeOS are not currently supported, including Chromebook
• Linux is not currently supported
• Any operating systems not listed are not supported
• High speed internet required
• If using an external display, HDCP is required for HD content
If you're watching it on smartphones and tablest...
• iOS (iPhone, iPad)
• Android (Phone, Tablet)
• Amazon Fire Tablets
If you're watching it on living room devices...
• Apple TV (tvOS)
• Android TV
• Amazon FireTV
• Samsung (Tizen)
• LG (WebOS)
• PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5
• Xbox One, Xbox Series X
Register on www.DisneyPlus.com to receive updates.
Photos: StarHub, freepik.com