Skip to main content

Advertisement

Advertisement

3 teenagers arrested after girl assaulted at Compassvale Link car park

SINGAPORE — The police have arrested three 15-year-old teenagers after a video surfaced of a teenage girl being beaten up at a multi-storey car park along Compassvale Link in Sengkang.

Screengrab from video clips showing three females in black tees hitting, kicking and wrestling a girl to the ground.

Screengrab from video clips showing three females in black tees hitting, kicking and wrestling a girl to the ground.

SINGAPORE — The police have arrested three 15-year-old teenagers after a video surfaced of a teenage girl being beaten up at a multi-storey car park along Compassvale Link in Sengkang.

The three teenagers, all girls, were arrested for wrongful confinement and are under investigation for voluntarily causing hurt.

In a statement earlier on Thursday (Aug 18), the police said that they were alerted to the incident at the multi-storey car park of Block 269 Compassvale Link at around 9.25pm on Tuesday.

The teenager who was allegedly under attack sustained injuries but did not need to be taken to hospital and later sought medical attention, the police added.

“The persons involved are believed to be known to one another.”

In a series of three video clips, each about a minute long, three females in black T-shirts are seen confronting a female teenager in a white top at the car park.

The three teenagers in black are then seen hitting, kicking and wrestling the girl in white to the ground while two males and a woman nearby watch the fight unfold.

The two males appear to know those involved in the fight, with one of them later trying to intervene as the girl in white was being kicked while lying on the ground.

It is unclear from the video what caused the confrontation.

In response to TODAY’s queries, the police declined to comment on the identities of those involved as investigations are ongoing.

The police also declined to say who filed the police report.

In a statement on Saturday in response to queries from TODAY, the Ministry of Education (MOE) said it was aware of the videos circulating online showing the fight. It advised the public not to speculate about the schools involved, or the extent of the students’ involvement, as police investigations were ongoing.

“Where necessary, the schools will mete out appropriate disciplinary actions, and provide counselling as well as support to the students,” added MOE.

Related topics

fight assault social media viral video police

Read more of the latest in

Advertisement

Popular

Advertisement

Stay in the know. Anytime. Anywhere.

Subscribe to get daily news updates, insights and must reads delivered straight to your inbox.

By clicking subscribe, I agree for my personal data to be used to send me TODAY newsletters, promotional offers and for research and analysis.