4 dengue deaths in past month: MOH, NEA
SINGAPORE — Four people have died from dengue in recent weeks, bringing this year's total number of dengue deaths to nine, the Ministry of Health and the National Environment Agency (NEA) said in a joint statement on Monday (July 29).
SINGAPORE — Four people have died from dengue in recent weeks, bringing this year's total number of dengue deaths to nine, the Ministry of Health and the National Environment Agency (NEA) said in a joint statement on Monday (July 29).
Four men, aged between 46 and 77, died between June 30 and July 16, the authorities said.
As of July 20, there have been 8,020 dengue cases reported.
Details of the cases are below:
A 70-year-old male who died on June 30. The patient’s residence at Hougang Ave 5 was within a previously active dengue cluster. The cluster was closed on July 12, with four dengue cases reported in the cluster. Since the notification of this cluster on July 1, NEA has conducted inspections at the cluster area and no mosquito breeding has been detected.
A 77-year-old male who died on July 16. The patient’s residence at Eunos Crescent is within an active dengue cluster. As of July 20, six dengue cases have been reported in the cluster. Since the notification of this cluster on June 28, NEA has detected and destroyed eight mosquito breeding habitats, all of which were found in residential premises.
A 65-year-old male who died on July 16. The patient’s residence at Bedok Reservoir Rd is within an active dengue cluster. As of July 20, 18 dengue cases have been reported in the cluster. Since the notification of this cluster on June 25, NEA has detected and destroyed 11 mosquito breeding habitats. Five of these breeding habitats were found in residential premises, with the rest in common areas.
A 46-year-old male who died on July 16. The patient’s last documented residential address is Woodlands Drive 50. CNA
For more stories like this, visit cna.asia.
